1. According to working power supply, all motors can be divided into the DC motor and AC motor. AC motor is also divided into single-phase motor and three-phase motor.
2. DC motors can be divided into brushless dc motor and brushed dc motor according to the structure and working principle. Brushed DC motor can be divied into the permanent magnet DC motor and electromagnetic DC motor. Electromagnetic DC motor is divided into a series excited dc motor and parallel excited dc motor, separately excitation dc motor and compound excitation dc motor. Permanent magnet DC motor is divided into rare-earth permanent magnet DC motor, ferrite permanent magnet DC motor and aluminum-nickel-cobalt permanent magnet DC motor.
3. Motors can be divided into driving motor and controlling motor according to applications.Driving motor is divided into electric tools (including drilling, polishing, polishing, notching,cutting, reaming and other tools), household appliances (including washing mchines, electric fans, refrigerators, air conditioners, tape recorders, video recorders, DVD/VCD Player, vacuum cleaners, cameras, hair dryer, electric shaver, etc) and other usual small mechanical device (including a variety of small tools, small machinery, medical equipment, electronic equipment,etc).
4. Controlling motor is divided into stepper motor and servo motor.
5. According to rotation speed, all motors can be divided into high-speed motor; low-speed motor, constant speed motor and varible speed motor .Low speed motor is divided into gear motor, electromagnetic deceleration motor, torque motor and claw-pole synchronous motor. Variable speed motor can be divided into step constant speed motor, stepless constant speed motor,step variable speed motor and continuously variable motor,electromagnetic speed regulating motor, DC speed regulating motor, PWM frequency conversion governor motor and switched reluctance Motor.